Backflow is a reversal in water or sewage direction caused by a reversal in water pressure. Whether it’s water or sewage that backs up, contamination occurs. Backflow can occur and be confined to your own property or stem from problems with the city water supply. If left unchecked, the results can be harmful to your health.
At Blau Sudden Service, we are backflow inspection and prevention specialists. First, let’s see how backflow typically occurs:
- A break in a city water line can cause polluted water and other contaminants to enter the city water supply.
- Line flushing and firefighting can produce the same harmful result.
- Water systems that are supplied by wells or come in contact with untreated and contaminated streams or ponds also create potential backflow hazards.
- A toilet flush valve without an anti-siphon device can permit toilet odors, vapors and worse to get into household plumbing and the water you drink.
- If a garden hose is used to clean out sewer lines or rain gutter downspouts, a drop in pressure can cause contamination from those sources to be drawn back into your water supply.
- Similarly, water being used to fill a swimming pool can be drawn back into the water supply during pressure drops, bringing contamination with it.
- If an insecticide attachment is used on a garden hose, backflow can cause a potentially lethal contamination of water supplies.
“Most recently, they installed a whole home generator and did an exceptional job for us. And they are always very responsive when we call and show up promptly for appointments!” - Sean D.
There are lots of potential causes of backflow, and only one sure way to guard against it.
That’s why Blau Sudden Service offers you our professional backflow testing and prevention services; namely, to help protect your family’s drinking water by blocking contaminants from entering your home.
Contact us today for service and more!
& OperatedBeing in the second generation of the business, locally owned in Wisconsin, we've continued to grow the family, team, and company.
Over 90% of our calls can be completed on the same day with only one visit. We pride ourselves on being prepared, skilled, and always on time.
Since 1960Our trusted team includes both master plumbers and master electricians. We're dedicated to continuing education.