Because Wisconsin is known to endure powerful storms, from blizzards to rain to hail, residents have to be ready to face the possibility of blackouts. Fortunately, with our Milwaukee whole-home backup generator services, homeowners do not have to fear any loss of power.
“Kyle did great job replacing the gas control valve and pilot assembly” - Jan P.
Investing in a whole-home generator has a hefty initial cost. However, homeowners who may be hesitating when it comes to buying one should remember the benefits.
Just a few of the advantages of whole-home generator installations include:
- Improved health and safety for the whole household: Portable generators may be handy for short-time use, but they are not healthy to use long term. Since they release a lot of fumes, these smaller units should only be used outside. In contrast, whole-home generators do not release carbon monoxide.
- Greater effectiveness and efficiency: Smaller, portable generators have to get refills of fuel every two to three hours to operate. In contrast, a whole-home generator gets connected to a gas line and can give the required amount of power for an indefinite amount of time.
- Increased reliability: One of the biggest benefits of whole-house generators is that they start automatically, immediately after the power has been cut. This means large appliances, from air conditioners to deep freezers, will operate just as smoothly. In contrast, portable generators have to be started manually, which means important appliances may face a loss of power for hours.
The Importance of Scheduling Generator Maintenance
A generator is essential in providing backup power when an outage occurs, which means this heavy-duty piece of equipment should always be in tip-top condition. The best way to ensure that your generator will supply power next time a storm hits is to invest in maintenance. Just like any other mechanical system, a whole-home generator needs battery changes. Its filter should be changed periodically, and it will need to have its oil supply checked. Call our dedicated experts and arrange for maintenance of the system every six to 12 months for the best results.
& OperatedBeing in the second generation of the business, locally owned in Wisconsin, we've continued to grow the family, team, and company.
Over 90% of our calls can be completed on the same day with only one visit. We pride ourselves on being prepared, skilled, and always on time.
Since 1960Our trusted team includes both master plumbers and master electricians. We're dedicated to continuing education.
Even the most powerful generators cannot remain functional forever. After lots of wear and tear, these systems may need some minor repairs or a replacement part.
Look out for trouble, such as instances where:
- There is visible damage along the generator’s main body
- Delays occur when the generator is supposed to start automatically
- The power being supplied to the appliances is not consistent
- The system seems to start, but no electricity is flowing from it
At the first instance of unusual behavior, call Blau Sudden Service for our Milwaukee whole home backup generator services.
We would love to answer your questions at 1-800-BLAU-NOW!